Monday, August 26, 2013

Sister's Conference

IT HAS COME ONCE AGAIN!!! Another P-day! 

We have seen miracles this week! We are teaching a british lady who has over 60 cars on her property left from her husband, and she agreed to start taking the lessons. It sounds so simple, but it is huge, we love this lady! BECAUSE SHE IS NORMAL! We gave her a Book of Mormon and then we went back this week and she said she is on chapter 11 and says "If it's true, God will tell me. I will give it a fair chance." I can hear the water filling up the font! 

Last week we played dodge-ball with the zone and we had SO much fun! They all made fun of me before because I have was home schooled and never played before, but they stopped making fun after we started playing. We had about twelve on each team and one round came down to me against 4 elders on the other side. I ran across the court and pegged out three of them on my first try, then it was one on one. Que the western music. He was a scary dude, he threw pretty fast. I dodged the first two throws, then on his third I CAUGHT IT BETWEEN MY HAND (holding a ball) AND MY HEAD! Everyone freaked out. It's probably a good thing I didn't go to school, I would have been a dodge-ball bully. 

This last week we went to Eugene for sisters conference. SO COOOL!! The spirit was VERY strong as all the sisters in the mission gathered together. Over lunch, President came and sat at our table. As we were talking about the mission home I asked where it was. One sister was surprised I have never been there. Then President said, "Oh, you will soon. We take all the new trainers there for the night before they start training." . . . . O_o Training? "Wait," I replied, "Do all sisters train?" He replied, "No, but you will." AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!!! I feel all sorts of excitement/anxiety. We will see what happens. Transfers aren't until the Monday before my birthday. We have 38 Sisters in  the mission, but president said he just got permission from church head quarters to have 88. He stressed the importance in hastening our learning because the work.


Random stuff - gardens here are in bounty. Everyone is giving us cucumbers tomatoes and zuchinni. After church yesterday we found a whole watermelon in the bed of our truck, so for dinner we cut it in half and ate our own. :) All the primary kids LOVE us and attack us at church. One of them was introducing me to one of her friends and said "This is Sister Orr. She isn't from this country." I asked what she was talking about. She thinks I am Hispanic. Serious? I hope you are happy, Kierra.  

We helped a lady with her garden this last week. Turns out she is a write for the news paper in Scott valley and Sister Neilsen and I are famous now. WOOT! 

That's all for now. Love you! 
S. Orr II


Me and Moose in our front yard! THIS VERY MORNING! Love the fog, not smoke. 
Inline image 1

No comments:

Post a Comment