Monday, August 5, 2013

Smokin' Hot!

Ya'll heard about the fires? Yeah, we are getting smoked out BIG time here. They are allll around us; up in grants pass, down in Calihan, everywhere. Over 70. President has asked the missionaries to do light proselyting and to wear masks when outside. The smoke isn't as bad here in Etna as it is in Medford and Ashland. They can't see 3 blocks in front of them! Pretty nutso. 

I forgot to tell you the totals for the trek here in the OEM! 
Total Hours Tracting - 789
New Investigators - 287
Copies of the Book of Mormon passed out - 859
Restoration Pamphlets passed out - 1024
Mormon .org cards passed out - 3199
All in ONE WEEK! I love this mission. 

This last week we were helping a family move a whole shed of wood to their new house. As we were all moving back and forth, on the the kids by the shed exclaimed, "IS THAT FLUFFY?!?!?" The father walks over, "Yup. . That's fluffy all right!" We found a previous pet chicken that had been smwashed by an avalanche of wood. Funniest moment ever. Poor fluffy. Sure smelled bad. 

We were tracting down a street in Courts Valley (Indian Reservation! BOO-YEAH!) and one of the homes there had pet wolves. No. Joke. When we were talking with a neighbor they all started howling together and I got chills down my back. SO AWESOME! Top 2 favorite things - Lightning and Thunder, Howling wolves. The lady we were talking to agreed to let us come back and help her get her yard ready for a wedding that was going to take place there in a few weeks. While she was shong us around, a little lizard ran across the path. "That's my little buddy Gerald. He hangs around with me in the garden. There are also 3 snakes. Don't worry, they are king snakes so you'll be fine." . . . O_o. . . No. No I won't be fine. If I come across a snake this Tuesday, THERE WILL BE BLOOD SPILLED IN THE GARDEN OF EDEN! I DON'T DO SNAKES! 

Transfer calls are this Saturday. I wouldn't fret it too much, I'm sure I'll stay here. Today Sister Nielsen is going to cut my hair, I haven't done it since April and it feels super dead. It will be a new experience for both of us. :) Still can't find any pocket knifes or leathermans. 

This last week we have had really great lessons. We are teaching a catholic family that has agreed to come to church this Sunday AND our Jewish buddy came last Sunday! HAPPY HAPPY DAY! He LOVED it and kept connecting our meetings with historical bible stuff that I don't even know about. He is a hard core historian that knows his stuff. This last week we gave a lesson JUST on faith. He has a hard time with that; having faith and not having all the logical evidence. he is VERY logical. Then the spirit said, "Talk about Jesus walking on the water!" I have NEVER read this story, nor thought about using it in a lesson, but I explained how Jesus asks us to walk on the water and come to him. Does it make sense? NO! There is NO logical explanation to be able to do that! But it happens as we obey and look to him. Miracles can happen in our life if we have faith. COOLEST EXPERIENCE OF MY LIFE! 
Second coolest experience of my life, eating a strawberry jelly and cheese sandwich. For reals though, it was good. Try it before you mock. 

That's all for this week. Thanks for the letters and prayers. They are totally working.  

Love, 
Sister Orr II,
Jelly and cheese supporter. 

No comments:

Post a Comment