4th of July was super awesome. We had this booth downtown Ashland and saw a TON of people, handed out a bunch of cards and books. There were quite a few anti's, though. It's funny, you can tell they all look at the same anti website because they go down a list of points that are all the same. So sad. Why should they believe them any more than they should believe us? But hey, it's always fun to see what we have to prepare for. I brought my uke and all of us missionaries sang hymns when the Jewish crew next to us put away their instruments. They were cool. When Sister Clove and I were walking around we heard someone say to his friend, "Look! It's the mormon wiving booth!" We looked back and realized it was 4 of us sisters and our ward mission president. BAHA! We called the elders in pretty quick. We had Jews on our left, some religion handing out "WARNING! THE MORMONS AND JEHOVAS WITNESSES ARE FAKE!" pamphlets kiddy corner of our tent, and the gay rights across from us. Way more booths than that, those were just the closest to ours. I am so happy for religious freedom! That night we watched the fireworks from our apartment and ate smores. Mmmmmm Good stuff.
OH MY LANTA! I almost forgot! A member here invited us to come to their sealing and president gave us permission! It was SOOOO cool! I have never been to a sealing before, and this one was very powerful. They were both converted and baptized a year ago. Such a long cool story, but they were sealed to their little baby boy this last week. It's out of the ordinary for President Young to let us do this, but I'm thinking we are his favorites. ;) I feel very blessed.
We got bikes! Yee-haw! It's going to be SO MUCH FUN. But it will be hard. It's very very hilly here (that sounds like some book title) and it will be toasty. Shopping for lighter clothes will commence soon.
Monday we picked up the new sisters to serve in Ashland here with us and brought them back to our apartment to have dinner. We had a Canadian feast! You would be proud, Daddy. :) To my surprise, one if the sisters, Sister Dardun, is from Calgary. BAHA! We have a lot of fun talking about weird things like Poutine and ketchup chips.
Last week Sister Clove and I were talking about waiting for missionaries and that awful song from Saturdays Warrior popped in my head. I smiled remembering the late night party the night before I left when Rache made me watch that movie clip by clip on youtube. Brandon made us pizza that Hope picked up (by her lonesome) from Walmart at 11:00PM. :) It's a good thing Mom and Dad went to bed early.
Not a lot of stories, most of our investigators were out of town for the holiday. Hip hip cheerio.
Sister Orr II
No comments:
Post a Comment