Monday, July 15, 2013

Are you doing YOUR missionary work?

Hope y'all are doing your missionary work, because you are going to get a chastising! Just kiddin. :) .  . . . But really. 

This week we were in Eugene Tuesday and Wednesday for meetings. He had been preparing the whole week what he wanted to teach us, then the spirit told him one hour before what we needed. The focus was helping the members in our ward to make a family mission plan, and also to focus on working with the youth. YAAAAY!!! I LOVE THE YOUTH!!! So every night we have a dinner message after someone feeds us, and we have them commit to pray about a date they should have someone in their home to be taught by the missionaries. "As you pray about a date, " I say like a wise person, "you are putting forth faith! The Lord will bring someone to you, or you will think of someone you know, who will be ready by that date." Pretty powerful stuff. 

That is actually a promise Elder Neil L. Anderson gives in his last conference talk. We will also start going to BYC to talk with the youth about who we can help with. Something I never realized before is that it is the job of the members to share the gospel! If we truly want to be like the Savior we need to share the gospel! It is the missionaries job to assist us! SO GET ON IT! Missionary work isn't another "to-do" on our list, it is just being Christ like; have charity and love for others, serving, etc. That's all for my soap-box. . . . . .But seriously, do it.
On Tuesday we went on exchanges and I got to be with sister Phillips!!! We were in the MTC together and I LOVE THIS GIRL!!! We had sooooo much success and fun that day. But crazy story. First off, this is the companion that had the weird seizures in the MTC; her brain disconnects and she just shuts off. Well, we were out tracting and talking with someone on the street when I looked over and she squints her eyes and pinches her nose with hand (the sign she is going into one). She had one earlier that morning, but I didn't think she would have one right in the middle of a street lesson! So, I stepped right in front of her and distracted the man until she came back. It was weird, I didn't feel panic like I did earlier that day when she went into one. She was out about 40 seconds. That's quite a good amount of time. Believe it or not I kept a good conversation with the man, he didn't even notice what happened. She was grateful I was with her when that happened, it never happened in a lesson before. CRAZY! 

We also bucked about 80 bails of hay. You would be proud, daddy. :) And we are having a big focus on family history; we are being trained on Tuesday for 2 hours how to do it better. Thanks Sara for taking me to Roots-tec (sp?) before I left! my companion and I also taught in Zone Training Meeting, it was really really awesome. President Young was there for that, pretty exciting/intimidating. :)

Dang gina, never enough time. Y'all should write me hand written letters so I have more time to write these.
LOVE YOU ALL! Thanks for the words 'n stuff. 
Sister Orr II

No comments:

Post a Comment