Monday, June 17, 2013

Crater Lake & Getting Ready for a Wedding!


Oh hey there. You are all probably wondering why I am writing late. Well, let me end your questions and searching. Today a member took us to CRATER LAKE!!! :D AHHHH!!! Yeah, it was amazing.

But first thing's first! President Young had a sisters conference last week on the phone and said there is going to be a mass transfer a week early. So, next Monday will be transfers instead of the end of the month. So, don't send anything past tuesday. this is the last transfer to see who will be in the Salem mission and who will be in the Eugene mission; pretty tense. I really really really really hope I stay here with Sister Clove. I love Ashland. So, stick with the normal mission home address (55 W 29th Ave. Ste. A Eugene OR, 97405).
This last week was the fastest one yet. Sister Clove and I have been working like DOGS! Remember our goal of three baptisms? Yeah, we have three set for this transfer!!! HALLELUJAH! It is a MIRACLE! When I got here, there was one baptism date set and 2 investigators. As of today, there are 5 baptism dates, and 6 progressing investigators (Not to mention we got ALL 6 to church this last week!). This last week we taught 28 lessons, standard of excellence is 20. BOOM BABY! I love teaching, it is sooooo different than what I use to do; it's personal now. The work is bigger . . .as am I. We are fed VERY well every night. :)

 This Saturday we have a baptism for a lady who has been living with her husband for over 13 years (he is a less active member)! BUT they are getting married before! WEDDING!!! YAY!!! And we have two baptisms next Saturday. I really really hope President doesn't move me now that the work is moving.

 A lady in our ward went to Portland last week and asked if she could get anything for us at Deseret Book (The only one in Oregon, 6 hours away). She got me a guitar hymn book!!! I take Oki (my uke) everywhere and we play for EVERYONE. It brings the spirit in faster than anything else right before a lesson. Music is awesome, it softens peoples hearts.
Well, that's all. Plus our church flooded this morning. Aaaaaaaand. . . . I am really good at recognizing the smell of pot. BOOM!

Love you!
Sister Orr II


No comments:

Post a Comment