FAMILY (including friends)!!!!!!!!!! I’m here!!! Oh my lanta, I can NOT believe it has been a week! Just so you know I will send this family letter now for the half hour I have and then write personal ones later. So much to do, so little time.
FIRST! DearElder works and I cannot tell you how much those letters mean!!! I thought before I came here, “Meh, I’m here for 2 weeks, I don’t really care if I get stuff” but HOLY PANCAKES it makes a difference in my attitude. There are 6 of us girls going to Oregon in my zone, and 4 elders that are going to Frezno Cali. I’m so glad Rachel told me to love them like my little brothers. Some of them are just dorks. One pulls out his scriptures and puts them on his lap and sleeps every time we have study. But I remembered, “Eli fell asleep in church at Clairs baby blessing” and I have learned to love them
One of the sisters here uses essential oils, but it’s that butterfly brand. YAY! I’m not the only hippy in my room! We have had some CRAZY experiences with the sisters. My companion is JUST LIKE Sydnie Carter and Osanna mixed. We teach well together. One sister, the blonde one, has seizures when she gets over stressed. They are different than the normal ones I have known. She will pinch the bridge of her nose and close her eyes and her brain will turn off from 30 seconds to 3 minutes. We were in the middle of practicing being an investigators and she had one right in the middle of her sentence. “Well, I don’t know Joseph Smith but- . . . Did you see that? Wen one te montr adsta frin. . . . .” then blacked out. Our teacher started freaking out. She came to in about a minute and was really embarrassed, but luckily us sisters knew what was going on and we helped her. That was the second day. I LOVE the girls I am with. We are all so different, but it’s so weird to see how close you can come to someone when you are working through the Lord. One other crazy thing I noticed; we do role plays about 5 times a day. It felt stupid at first then I realized how much fast I can learn. It strips you raw and the spirit shows how to improve. Well, quite often we are supposed to be the investigator. When we do it, we are pulling feelings and emotions we actually have! I was roll playing with a lady in her mid twenties pretending that I had questions about certain things, and I realized I really did have those questions and those feelings about it! So now, when the sisters in my group go, I listen really close to see how I can help them best.
FIRST! DearElder works and I cannot tell you how much those letters mean!!! I thought before I came here, “Meh, I’m here for 2 weeks, I don’t really care if I get stuff” but HOLY PANCAKES it makes a difference in my attitude. There are 6 of us girls going to Oregon in my zone, and 4 elders that are going to Frezno Cali. I’m so glad Rachel told me to love them like my little brothers. Some of them are just dorks. One pulls out his scriptures and puts them on his lap and sleeps every time we have study. But I remembered, “Eli fell asleep in church at Clairs baby blessing” and I have learned to love them
Not that I don’t love ya’ll, but I haven’t been homesick yet. Granted, I cry now and then for Scout. You all know where I am going, but she doesn’t know where I am or why I haven’t come back yet. It breaks my heart. But all the sisters in my group are having a hard time. I feel it is because of your prayers and the will of the Lord I am able to help others when I am not focused on myself. We’ll see how long that lasts. 
Okay! New missionaries coming out, the MTC is BEYOND amazing! I LOVE it here! The food is awesome, the spirit is SO strong, and everyone is working towards the same goal. Nothing helped me more than teaching lessons in church and going to the temple. SO! We went to the temple today, it was SO great to go back. Going as many times as I could before was SUCH a blessing in my personal life, but the down side is I had to stop cold turkey!! Alllllll week I was telling the sisters how excited I was to go back. I told the Lord I was paying attention and I received a lot that will help me serve.
So, the sisters here have pictures on the walls and I got jelly fish. Ya’ll wanna send me some? Maybe of my puppy or your face? Also, Uke music would be swweet. I pulled it out this morning before we went to the temple and it made me SOOOOO happy to play music again. But I need more than what I remember of my french song and Ingrid. Also a ward roster. I need addressessssss!
OH OH OH !!!! I forgot! We went to a devotional from Janis Kapp Perry. She wrote “As Sisters in Zion", "Love is Spoken Here", "I Love To See the Temple", and more. AMAZINGLY POWERFUL! I love music. BUT! What I wanted to tell you was she wrote a new song called “THE Sisters of Zion” (a little different). And we were the first group to sing it! It goes to the same tune as Sisters in Zion, but she wrote it for missionaries!! She is creating an album JUST for sister missionaries that will be allowed to take on the mission! I wrote down the lyrics that I LOVED. I hope I don’t get sued for telling you before it’s released.
it goes, “We’ll go forth enlisted with Heleman’s army, In numbers much greater than ever before” WOW!!! POWER!! Also heard from Russell M. Nelson. What a prophet!!
I am having the TIME of my life. I love it here and I love you all. I’ll send pictures later.
I LOVE JESUS!!!!!!!
Sister Orr II